Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does spatial audio work on macbook pro? What if I want to play using bluetooth on bose soundbars?

I see how to play spatial audio using my iphone on airpods or other sound devices. What about macbook pro? Are there settings for spatial audio that I'd need to enable?

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:24 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities schatt,

We understand that you have a question about using Spatial Audio with your MacBook Pro. We’d be happy to provide you with some information to help.

We see that you came to us from the article titled “Listen with spatial audio for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max”. This article does not list the Mac as a compatible device. 

However, you can use Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos on your Mac in Apple Music, if you’re an Apple Music subscriber. Keep in mind that only select songs will be compatible with spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. The article below provides additional details.

About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 12:24 PM in response to schatt

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities schatt,

We understand that you have a question about using Spatial Audio with your MacBook Pro. We’d be happy to provide you with some information to help.

We see that you came to us from the article titled “Listen with spatial audio for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max”. This article does not list the Mac as a compatible device. 

However, you can use Spatial Audio with Dolby Atmos on your Mac in Apple Music, if you’re an Apple Music subscriber. Keep in mind that only select songs will be compatible with spatial audio with Dolby Atmos. The article below provides additional details.

About spatial audio with Dolby Atmos in Apple Music 

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Does spatial audio work on macbook pro? What if I want to play using bluetooth on bose soundbars?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.