You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6th gen ipod touch update

I have been trying to update to version ios 14 but my device says it's up to date.

Currently, I have version 12.5.3. When I check online it says that ios 14 is the lasted build. I have tried to update through the device as well as connecting it to the computer, both with no luck.

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 1:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 1:22 PM

The 6th generation iPod Touch is not compatible with iOS 13 or 14.

9 replies

Jun 9, 2021 8:09 PM in response to clsactn

No one here knows what Apple will do. But it is unlikely that they will create another feature update for a 6th generation iPod Touch. They might produce a newer version if there are any bugs or security problems that need to be fixed. Most apps that will only run on iOS 14 use features that the 6th generation iPods do not have the hardware to run.

Jul 5, 2021 1:21 PM in response to the fiend

I tried the above already and it didn’t work. I went to the Apple store today and had a Genius Bar appointment. There’s apparently something in the software somewhere in my system that prevented my iphone and ipod from appearing in the finder when plugged in. The technician tried for almost an hour to figure it out. In the end, he just created a new user for my laptop and my devices were recognized in the finder when plugged in.

6th gen ipod touch update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.