Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 rear camera lens question

Hey everyone,

I’ve had my iPhone 4 for about 4 weeks now, and have a question regarding the back camera lens. The glass on mine is all scratched up. It’s only the part over the camera, and not the rest of the phone. I’m not even sure how it got like this, since I don’t really keep it anywhere where it could have gotten scratched. Anyone else noticing this?

MacBook 2.4GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2010 10:11 AM

No, not on mine or my wife's.

Phil
29 replies

Aug 14, 2010 12:52 PM in response to MacNewbie82

I got my Iphone the day it came out. I unfortunately I took it to a kiosk in the mall to get a cover for it and the "nice" lady at the counter insisted she put the cover on for me. Well after about 10 min of trying to get the screen protector on with no bubbles I insisted that I would do it myself. I got my phone back and looked it over since she had it on the counter and was constantly rubbing it back and forth. Now thanks to that lady the camera is almost completely useless. And guess what she claims it is not her fault and they could have been there before. Not so. SO I am now in search of a new camera lens. Anyone know where to find one?

Aug 16, 2010 7:37 PM in response to tayloml4

My camera lens has scratches, and this is with it being in Griffin wallet case since DAY ONE. Over the weekend, it slipped out of the griffin wallet case, fell onto the floor of walgreens, and now has big scratches on its back. I am so disappointed, I had ordered a bodyguards for the back and front, but they just got in the mail today, too late for me. These phones are too fragile...

Sep 1, 2010 9:09 PM in response to paulking

Just noticed my camera lens glass cover is scratched with no scratches around that area at all. I only check it after seeing my camera pictures were coming out one fuzzy corner. I'm very disappointed since I don't think Apple is going to acknowledge this problem and replace just the camera lens or give me a replacement. I'm going to give it a shot anyway and wo't be happy until they replace my phone.

Sep 7, 2010 7:47 AM in response to Injector

I didn't touch the lens at all until I noticed the edges of my pictures were very blurred. I very carefully tried cleaning it, but had no luck. An educated guess is the lens is plastic. I'm very careful with my phone, and wouldn't think a glass lens would be that delicate.

Anyway, I'm going to wait a day or two to see what this post provides, then I will call Apple and ask about a replacement.

iPhone 4 rear camera lens question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.