Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an old Apple ID if I can’t log in due to the security questions?

I received an email that someone logged into my old Apple ID account and now I want to delete it as soon as possible. I know the password, ive changed it but Apple ID page won’t let me log in because it asks for the security questions which I don’t remember. I tried to reset the security questions and it says that “they don’t have enough information to delete them”. I just need the account deleted please Apple help

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 4:24 PM

I have control of the account, I know the password, I was able to also change it, in my email im getting the Apple emails/instructions as to how to change passwords for example. The thing is that in order to get to the account, second verification is on so after the right password it asks for security questions which I don’t know and when I try to reset them a message appears saying that “they don’t have enough information to change them”. So in this case I need Apple to disable the account for me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 4:24 PM in response to Michael Black

I have control of the account, I know the password, I was able to also change it, in my email im getting the Apple emails/instructions as to how to change passwords for example. The thing is that in order to get to the account, second verification is on so after the right password it asks for security questions which I don’t know and when I try to reset them a message appears saying that “they don’t have enough information to change them”. So in this case I need Apple to disable the account for me.

Jun 9, 2021 4:17 PM in response to amhr

You must have login control of an AppleID before you can request that Apple delete it. That is required to show that the AppleID you want deleted is indeed yours. Apple will not delete an AppleID that you cannot prove is yours, which means you must recover the account first.

So it sounds like you’ll first have to use account recovery -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then you can request it be deleted -> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Jun 9, 2021 4:23 PM in response to amhr

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

If necessary, try Twitter

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      

Based on multiple posts I have read, they will not help you recover the answers to your security questions.

How to delete an old Apple ID if I can’t log in due to the security questions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.