Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update the my macOS browser?

I have a MacBook from 2017 and I can't figure ut how to update the browser's anymore. Its not in system preferences like they say it is.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 8:18 PM

Yes, understood.. Alexmarella. I don’t who ‘they’ are, though. And I don’t know what browser you have/are using. If it’s Safari, the only way to update the browser would be to update the Mac OS. If it’s not Safari, eg, Firefox, you’d have to go to the maker’s website and get/download the updates/newest version from there. You can find out what version of MacOS you have by going to the big Apple icon, top left of your screen, then clicking on

”About this Mac”. You should be able to get and run Big Sur no problem…

john b

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2021 8:18 PM in response to Alexmarella

Yes, understood.. Alexmarella. I don’t who ‘they’ are, though. And I don’t know what browser you have/are using. If it’s Safari, the only way to update the browser would be to update the Mac OS. If it’s not Safari, eg, Firefox, you’d have to go to the maker’s website and get/download the updates/newest version from there. You can find out what version of MacOS you have by going to the big Apple icon, top left of your screen, then clicking on

”About this Mac”. You should be able to get and run Big Sur no problem…

john b

Jun 9, 2021 8:50 PM in response to Alexmarella

Alexmarella Said:

"how do I update my MacBook: I have a MacBook from 2017 and I can't figure ut how to update the browser's anymore. Its not in system preferences like they say it is."

-------

What to Try:

First, Find the Version Number:

1. Go to: [Web Browser] menu
  2. Select: About [Web Browser]
  3. View: Version number

Then, Research the Version:

Google the recent version, seeing if the version is what it should be.

How to update the my macOS browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.