Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages on iPad

I am a writer, and I use my iPad extensively, along with my Windows 10 PC. For years I have effortlessly transferred files back and forth between Microsoft Word on my PC and Pages on my iPad, using the export/import function in Pages and Dropbox as a go-between. Two days ago (Monday evening, 6/7/21, approximately 11:30pm EST in the US) this function stopped working. I can no longer export Pages files to Word, or import Word files to Pages - the app shuts down in the middle of the process. After some experimentation, I discovered I also couldn't export Pages files to epub, though I could to PDF and RTF.

I restarted the Pages app, then I restarted my iPad. Then I deleted the Pages app and reinstalled it. Nothing changed. I have tried the export and import process with existing files and newly created files.

I am running iPadOS version 14.4.2 on an iPad fifth generation, and Pages version 11.1. Everything worked perfectly earlier in the same day.

Interestingly, I tried the same process on my iPhone 8 Plus, running OS 14.6 and Pages 11.0 (which version my iPad was running when the problem started), and everything worked fine.

I have Googled this problem to no avail, so I hope someone out there has some ideas about this.

Thanks!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 1:38 PM

Hi Amyself-1,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the Pages app is quitting unexpectedly on your iPad and we would be happy to help! If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open, then you need to update software on your iPad to the latest supported version iPadOS 14.6. Updating the software can help us rule out potential software problems. Make sure to back up your iPad first before updating it. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Take care. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 1:38 PM in response to Amyself-1

Hi Amyself-1,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like the Pages app is quitting unexpectedly on your iPad and we would be happy to help! If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open, then you need to update software on your iPad to the latest supported version iPadOS 14.6. Updating the software can help us rule out potential software problems. Make sure to back up your iPad first before updating it. 

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps.

Take care. 

Pages on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.