Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my microphone isn’t working on my iphone8

my microphone works very clear using apps such as camera and siri but when i try to use my microphone on other apps such as tiktok,snapchat and whatsapp..etc it doesn’t work it creates w very muffled sound as tho i’m in water when i try to use it on does apps.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 1:19 PM

gem_75,

You're certainly welcome. We'll point you in the right direction from here. We'd suggest cleaning your iPhone to see if that makes a difference. Learn how here:

Cleaning your iPhone

If you tried all the steps in the link we sent and cleaned your iPhone, but the microphone still isn't working as expected afterwards, the issue may be hardware-related and you'll want to have your iPhone inspected by a technician. The links below will help you get started:

iPhone Repair and Service

Find Locations

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 1:19 PM in response to gem_75

gem_75,

You're certainly welcome. We'll point you in the right direction from here. We'd suggest cleaning your iPhone to see if that makes a difference. Learn how here:

Cleaning your iPhone

If you tried all the steps in the link we sent and cleaned your iPhone, but the microphone still isn't working as expected afterwards, the issue may be hardware-related and you'll want to have your iPhone inspected by a technician. The links below will help you get started:

iPhone Repair and Service

Find Locations

Take care.

Jun 11, 2021 10:33 AM in response to gem_75

Hi there gem_75,

Thanks for joining us in Apple Support Communities! We understand the microphone on your iPhone sounds muffled when using it with third-party apps on your iPhone. We're glad you're here, and we can provide some guidance.

To start, you'll want to try the suggestions in this support article:

If the microphones on your iPhone aren't working

Let us know your results when testing the microphone in Voice Memos with the steps in the link above, and we'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers.

my microphone isn’t working on my iphone8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.