Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to pair iwatch 3 to iPhone 8, stuck on checking for updates for over 12 hours

I purchased iwatch 3 from a friend, watch has been unpaired and been reset to factory settings. Attempting to pair to my iPhone 8 and it has been checking for updates on the watch for over 12 hours. Had to disconnect this morning to take my phone to work with me.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Jun 10, 2021 2:17 PM in response to Community User

Yes, pairing and activation unlock has been completed. No evidence of the iwatch on friends phone or in iCloud. I try to pair the watch and receive msg ‘Update available, continue or exit.’ I select continue but then receive msg ‘ Cannot do update because not on WiFi ‘ I verified I am definitely on my WiFi. This continues over and over. Have rebooted phone and watch several times.

Trying to pair iwatch 3 to iPhone 8, stuck on checking for updates for over 12 hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.