Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon TS9520 not working since upgrading to Big Sur

My new Canon TS9520 printer, purchased in March 2021, was working beautifully until last week when I upgraded the operating system to Big Sur. Now it starts to print an image but spits it out before completing the job. What's going on???

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:21 AM

According to this Apple document, About AirPrint - Apple Support, your printer model is AirPrint compatible.

Go to the System/Printers & Scanners preference pane, Control (right) - click on your printer and select" Reset printing system…" from the contextual menu.

Then add the printer back with the AirPrint (wireless) option.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 11:21 AM in response to edwinafromga

According to this Apple document, About AirPrint - Apple Support, your printer model is AirPrint compatible.

Go to the System/Printers & Scanners preference pane, Control (right) - click on your printer and select" Reset printing system…" from the contextual menu.

Then add the printer back with the AirPrint (wireless) option.

Jun 11, 2021 1:14 PM in response to Old Toad

This is where it gets cute. Since Apple created AirPrint, a universal driver technology that's supposed to work on all brands of printers, and added this new technology to the OS, printers are no longer offering their own driver. So there are no drivers for my new Canon printer to work on the network with Big Sur. Airprint is supposed to work for every printer but clearly, there's a glitch somewhere. I spoke with an Apple tech yesterday who walked me through everything and while I had her on the line, I printed a few things and it worked fine. But this morning, I was able to print out two images and then, it spit out the third before completion. This is costing me both time and money.

Canon TS9520 not working since upgrading to Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.