Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to send texts thru iMessage to non-apple users/phones.

I can send text messages to other Apple users/phone numbers on my MacBook Air(2020, fully updated) but cannot to non-Apple phone numbers (it will state "unable to deliever/message failed".)

I have restarted, updated, checked my settings but unsure why it works for those who have apple phones but not for non-apple phones.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 1:40 PM

celena65 wrote:

I can send text messages to other Apple users/phone numbers on my MacBook Air(2020, fully updated) but cannot to non-Apple phone numbers (it will state "unable to deliever/message failed".)

I have restarted, updated, checked my settings but unsure why it works for those who have apple phones but not for non-apple phones.

You need an iphone to set up text forward How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2021 1:40 PM in response to celena65

celena65 wrote:

You need an iphone to set up text forward How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

Unable to send texts thru iMessage to non-apple users/phones.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.