Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did IOS 14.6 Update ruin my Iphone?

So backstory my IPhone X is in almost perfect condition, I have had ZERO issues with it since I have had it. I go to bed, and wake up in the morning to see my phone has installed the 14.6 update. That morning i barely use my phone while at work, then use it to listen to music/utilize a fitness app while working out at lunch and it crashes.. I think maybe I did not have it plugged in all the way last night (even though I know I did) and attempt to charge it when I get home.. my phone will now no longer charge more than 1% and will not turn on the majority of times I try. If I am able to get it on it now says it cannot utilize face scan, and now (even though I have never taken the SIM card out) will also not find my cellular data nor can I go in to the cellular data in settings to see what is happening. I have tried every troubleshooting strategy I have been able to research with no luck..even factory reset! Now I can’t even get through the instructions to setup the phone before it crashes because even while plugged in the charger (which I have confirmed is working) it will charge while powered off up to 1% turn on then stop charging even though it was never unplugged.

does anyone have any further suggestions or is this phone just beyond saving?

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:12 PM

I would try the steps below (plug it to your computer):

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 10, 2021 5:39 PM in response to elcpu

after Many attempts I was able to get the phone into recovery mode but it is not being recognized by my computer (never pops up in devices) I also still cannot finish the initial set up since one of the trouble shoot instructions was to factory reset. Unfortunately when I get to the activate part brighter the quick start nor the manual start work it shows as “device unknown” when I try.

Did IOS 14.6 Update ruin my Iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.