Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to share an Apple Music playlist

go to Apple Music > Now Playing > face account top right. That will bring you to Account page. Turn on and setup both Contacts On Apple Music, and Allow Finding by Apple ID. Now hit View Profile with your name top middle. That will bring you to your public Apple Music page. You can see your public shared playlists there, and should be able to share them.

Just signed up for my free trial of Apple Music on this iPhone 12 Pro Max. I can share individual tracks, but cannot share the whole playlist. Even this two track playlist.

most of the solutions I see are “Go to settings>music and turn on the iCloud music library”

this version of iOS (14.6) seems to have gotten rid of that specific option.

I do have Settings > Music > Library

Add Playlist Songs

Sync Library

And at the bottom of that screen I have Home Sharing linked to my Apple ID.

False alarm. It didn’t work. I thought I’d found a solution here… coulda sworn I saw the Share button come up for a moment, but it’s gone again now.

Apple Music > Face account top right > Allow People to find you

once I set that up, I was able to share playlists. Enable “anyone” and public etc. pic attached below.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 6:17 PM

I am having the same issue. All older playlists are shareable but anything I’ve created in the past few weeks is not, the option is simply missing from all new playlists. I tried a few of the offered solutions found online but nothing works. I’ve called Apple a few times too and they can’t figure it out either. I hope somebody does fix it soon, it’s a bummer not being able to share stuff.

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 6:17 PM in response to Mrdrewk

I am having the same issue. All older playlists are shareable but anything I’ve created in the past few weeks is not, the option is simply missing from all new playlists. I tried a few of the offered solutions found online but nothing works. I’ve called Apple a few times too and they can’t figure it out either. I hope somebody does fix it soon, it’s a bummer not being able to share stuff.

Jun 24, 2021 10:20 PM in response to rrk1982

Solved. You will have to tap on your icon in the top right corner of the Listen tab at the bottom of the music navigation. When you do you will have to edit your profile. Go through the procedures it asks. You will eventually be shown all your contacts that you can share with. You can continue if you don’t want or can’t find the person you want to invite to share your music. You will then be asked if you want to share with everyone with r kept private. Continue on. You will then see all your playlists. Click the one you made that you want to be shareable. Finish up the process and prompts. Go to your playlists and you can now share that very playlist you made. I know…convoluted and sucks.

Jul 5, 2021 7:56 AM in response to Mrdrewk

I figured it out. You have to create a profile on Apple Music (you can choose only approved people, when it comes to who can see your profile), and then you will be able to share it! Go to Apple Music, click your photo on the top right hand corner under “Listen Now”. If you don’t have a photo, it will be the silhouette person icon. And then go from there! Enjoy!

Jul 24, 2021 8:38 AM in response to Mrdrewk

You’re a MIRACLE WORKER. This should not be so convoluted or feel like such a workaround - but YOU MADE MY MONTH. I couldn’t figure it out no matter what I did. I’ve been trying to figure this out for what feels like ages. The only thing I could add is that I couldn’t do the “fix” from my phone. I had to do it on my computer through iTunes.

Jul 24, 2021 9:33 AM in response to kamistark

Hmmm not solved yet for me. I don’t share playlists in public. I can share my old playlists because the option “share playlist” shows but any new playlist that I create don’t show the option as of about a month ago. I can still share individual songs in the playlists. It was very easy to do before. Click on a playlist, tap 3 dots for pull down menu and tap share playlist. Text it or email it to friends. The share playlist option simply is no longer showing up in the pull down. It’s a glitch Apple needs to fix.

How to share an Apple Music playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.