Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE keeps cutting out during phone conversations

My IPhone SE, 1 year old, keeps cutting out off & on during phone conversations via hand piece, speaker phone or wearing Apple air pods. Everyone keeps complaining that I keep cutting off & they can’t hear what I’m saying or they say they can hear every second or third word. But on the other hand, I can hear them perfectly.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 3:02 PM

Hi Anagen,

We see you're getting some issues with your audio while on calls, and we'd like to see if we can help out there.

Trying out different microphones there was a great step to take (AirPods/speakerphone). Have you been able to try testing this out while doing a FaceTime audio call? In particular, try the FaceTime audio call while on a strong Wi-Fi network. This would help to rule out issues with the carrier's network on the device. If unfamiliar with FaceTime audio calls, it'll be the same as setting up a standard FaceTime call, but with just selecting the audio/phone icon instead.

If needed, this page can help with that part: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the FaceTime audio call has the same exact issue, we'd advise reaching out directly to Apple Support for further investigation: Get Support

If it doesn't persist on FaceTime, just let us know, and we'll explore it further with you.

Cheers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 3:02 PM in response to Anagen

Hi Anagen,

We see you're getting some issues with your audio while on calls, and we'd like to see if we can help out there.

Trying out different microphones there was a great step to take (AirPods/speakerphone). Have you been able to try testing this out while doing a FaceTime audio call? In particular, try the FaceTime audio call while on a strong Wi-Fi network. This would help to rule out issues with the carrier's network on the device. If unfamiliar with FaceTime audio calls, it'll be the same as setting up a standard FaceTime call, but with just selecting the audio/phone icon instead.

If needed, this page can help with that part: Use FaceTime with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the FaceTime audio call has the same exact issue, we'd advise reaching out directly to Apple Support for further investigation: Get Support

If it doesn't persist on FaceTime, just let us know, and we'll explore it further with you.

Cheers.

iPhone SE keeps cutting out during phone conversations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.