Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2021 Apple TV Remote Issue.

Is anyone experiencing issues with the new Apple TV remote? (2021). It’s keeps disconnecting every 30 minutes. When using it the remote would automatically lose connection and then connect back itself. I have it in the same spot where I had the 3rd generation Apple TV 4K and no issue. Until now.

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 9:06 AM

Hey Dav2693,

We see that you're having issues with your Apple TV remote, and we'd like to help!

Just to make sure, did you make sure that your Apple TV remote is fully charged? How to replace the battery in your Apple Remote 

We also recommend that you reach out to Apple Support team to look further into this issue with you: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope everything works out! 

Best regards.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 9:06 AM in response to Dav2693

Hey Dav2693,

We see that you're having issues with your Apple TV remote, and we'd like to help!

Just to make sure, did you make sure that your Apple TV remote is fully charged? How to replace the battery in your Apple Remote 

We also recommend that you reach out to Apple Support team to look further into this issue with you: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope everything works out! 

Best regards.

Jun 15, 2021 12:03 PM in response to Dav2693

Hey Dav2693,

We appreciate you keeping us updated with the results after receiving a replacement Apple TV remote.

We recommend that you get in touch with Apple Support team and let them know that you're still experiencing the same issue even with the replacement. We're sure that they'll be more than happy to look further into this issue with you. Contact Apple for support and service

Warm regards.

Jun 15, 2021 8:56 PM in response to Dav2693

Hi, since you already tried a replacement Siri remote (2021 model) this looks like you either need to get a new well shielded HDMI cable or there is something wrong with your Apple TV and you need to get it replaced.

When a poorly shielded HDMI cable moves 4K data at 60Hz, it can actually act like an antenna and broadcast electromagnetic interference, that interferes with Wi-fi and Bluetooth. The new Siri remote uses Bluetooth 5 the old Siri remote uses Bluetooth 4.

So while your HDMI cable might be doing just fine from a bandwidth standpoint (pixels aren't a problem), it's leaking EMF and causing the Bluetooth-based remote to have problems.

The fix is to replace your cable with a well shielded HDMI cable, try the cable Apple recommends.

New Apple Siri Remote 2021 Owner’s Thread + FAQs + User Guides + News.

Jun 14, 2021 8:57 PM in response to sterling r

So I got the new Siri Remote. And still no luck. It still disconnects randomly. When trying to use the volume the light of the Apple TV would go off and then I get a message “Lost Connection” then it would connect right back and would work. Is this a bug issue that the new Apple TV is experiencing? Any advice how to make it better? Please help. This never happened before with my other Apple TV’s. Just this new one.

Jul 19, 2021 4:32 PM in response to Dav2693

Was this solved for anyone on this thread. I thought I was upgrading since the previous touchpad remote was driving me nuts, and this one is worse. I had the same issue where it would constantly disconnect and connect. Now it doesn’t even do that. I have to go into settings and remove the remote, add it again and then after a while it’s not even working anymore … the remote is fully charged.

Jul 26, 2021 9:03 PM in response to armidaf

I have two new Siri remotes. On both old and new 4K Apple TV boxes. They both now exhibit constant annoying disconnecting and reconnecting. Light on box goes off and on. Meanwhile remote won’t function. I’m also using latest 14.7 iOS. There is a real poor issue here and Apple needs to solve it ASAP. I’m ready to return for refund. Apple should recall and stop selling immediately until fixed. We don’t deserve slow response of problem with corrective action plan.

Jul 26, 2021 9:33 PM in response to Dav2693

Hi everyone, thank you for all your response. Here’s my update now after two months. So what’s weird is that when I pair my 3rd gen Apple TV 4K Siri remote to my new Apple TV (2021) it works perfectly fine. No disconnection at all. I’ve been using for these past two months and it’s been perfect. When I pair the new Siri remote that came with the Apple TV (2021) to my 3rd gen Apple TV 4K, it works perfectly too. I did tested out with the new update that just came and connected the new Siri remote back to the Apple TV (2021). It kept disconnecting. No luck. Went back to how it was before.

3rd gen Apple TV Siri remote works perfectly fine with Apple TV (2021) No disconnection at all.

New Siri remote works fine with 3rd gen Apple TV. No disconnection at all.

2021 Apple TV Remote Issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.