You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 haven’t software update option what can I do ????

What can I do ???

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:26 PM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2021 10:06 AM in response to pabita145

Hi pabita145,

We understand you're missing the Software Update option in your General menu. We're happy to help.

To start, if you have any sort of security or VPN applications installed on the device, we'd recommend disabling them as they can prevent things like software updates from working.

It's also a good idea to check if you have any configuration profiles installed on your device. If your device came from a school or job, they will often install a profile on the device that can restrict certain settings. You can check in Settings > General. If you have an option on that page for "Profiles & Device Management", that means there is a configuration profile installed on the device.

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

You should check for device restrictions as well. Go to Settings > Screen Time, and see if that option is currently turned on. If it is, scroll down and select Content & Privacy Restrictions, and see if that is currently enabled. If it is, turn it off, then check the Settings > General menu again for a Software Update option.

If there's still no Software Update option showing, you'll need to install your update through a computer instead.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps. Take care!

iPhone 7 haven’t software update option what can I do ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.