Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My IPAD 1 suddenly wants to Authenticate but cannot do so.

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2021 4:18 PM

I took the ipad to an apple store and they tried to reset it to factory settings via a laptop, but it did not work . The fellow said there was some sort of error.

I brought it home and decided to take the phone sim card out.

I was able to hook up to my laptop and reset it. Works now except I can't load all of the apps I had on it.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2021 4:18 PM in response to kamote0628

I took the ipad to an apple store and they tried to reset it to factory settings via a laptop, but it did not work . The fellow said there was some sort of error.

I brought it home and decided to take the phone sim card out.

I was able to hook up to my laptop and reset it. Works now except I can't load all of the apps I had on it.

Jun 12, 2021 10:58 AM in response to Bigwat

Hi Bigwat,

Thank you for giving us the chance to assist you with your iPad. You can count on us to do our best to assist you or get you pointed in the right direction.

We understand that your iPad suddenly requires authentication.

We’d like to gather additional details that may help us be in a better position to assist you.

Are you experiencing the behavior when using a certain app or feature?

Are you required to provide your Apple ID and Apple ID password?

If you are experiencing the behavior right after you power on the device, the article below may help.

Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please keep us posted.

Take care!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.