Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My smart keyboard is not connecting to my iPad iOS 14.6

My smart keyboard will not connect to my iPad iOS 14.6 what can I do

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 10:01 AM

Sounds like the physical keyboard may be faulty then.

You may need to take it in to Apple for diagnosis and replacement: link-> Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Accessories have 1 full year of Warranty coverage. If you have Apple Care+ for the iPad is also covers the accessories.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 10:01 AM in response to paddywacki

Sounds like the physical keyboard may be faulty then.

You may need to take it in to Apple for diagnosis and replacement: link-> Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Accessories have 1 full year of Warranty coverage. If you have Apple Care+ for the iPad is also covers the accessories.

Jun 12, 2021 8:01 AM in response to Phil0124

I have just purchased an ipadOS14.0 and the smart keyboard as recommended by Apple. I have tried numerous times attaching the ipad to the keyboard but the keyboard does not work. I have checked the magnets haven't got a film of plastic over them as suggested and that there is no other debris in the grooves that the ipad sits in but the smart keyboard does not work and I have to use the onscreen keyboard. At one point yesterday whilst the smart KB was attached I couldn't access the virtual keyboard either. Any idea what the problem is?

My smart keyboard is not connecting to my iPad iOS 14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.