Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I no longer open the DropBox Application?

Why can I no longer open the DropBox Application? I shows up in Finder and I can access info there. I am able to go online and access DropBox. However, for the last few days, I have been unable to open the application. It was in my dock and it is listed as one the apps on Launch Pad, but when I click on the app in Launch Pad, it only opens in Finder.

I don't know if it's related, but this morning (6/11/21) I noticed a folder labeled Relocated Items on my desktop:

During the last macOS upgrade or file migration, some of your files couldn’t be moved to their new locations. This folder contains these files.

Configuration files

These configuration files were modified or customized by you, by another user, or by an app. The modifications may be incompatible with the recent macOS upgrade. The modified files are in the Configuration folder, organized in subfolders named for their original locations.

To restore any of the custom configurations, compare your modifications with the configuration changes made during the macOS upgrade and combine them when possible.

Configuration files with the suffix "system_default" were edited or customized, but the changes were allowed to remain installed. The system_default version of the file is provided to demonstrate what the Apple supplied version of this file would look like. It is recommended that you compare the two and evaluate whether you wish to integrate any changes Apple may have made to the default version.

Help! Thank you!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:40 PM

This may be related to a recent update or upgrade to your MacOS. I suggest that you uninstall Dropbox (Dropbox has instructions for that in their help area on their web site) and then reinstall the application from scratch with the latest version. Uninstalling the application does not affect your account nor your files.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 12:40 PM in response to Pfamoffice

This may be related to a recent update or upgrade to your MacOS. I suggest that you uninstall Dropbox (Dropbox has instructions for that in their help area on their web site) and then reinstall the application from scratch with the latest version. Uninstalling the application does not affect your account nor your files.

Why can I no longer open the DropBox Application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.