Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music accidentally charged me money for a subscription that I did not make out, because I have a family subscription with friends

Hi there.

A message has just appeared on my MacBook to identify a user in Apple Music. I entered my password and it took my money and set up a monthly music subscription. But my friends have a family subscription and I pay $ 8 a month with them.

Is it possible to get back the money that Apple Music has just withdrawn from my card? Because it turned out to be an awkward situation.

thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 1:38 PM

Read the first paragraph and then go to

https://reportaproblem.apple.com/?s=6

in summery go to the link provide above and sign in then

If you see the "Report" or "Report a Problem" button next to the item that you want to request a refund for, click it.

Follow the instructions on the page to choose the reason why you want a refund and submit your request.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 1:38 PM in response to RomanShparuk

Read the first paragraph and then go to

https://reportaproblem.apple.com/?s=6

in summery go to the link provide above and sign in then

If you see the "Report" or "Report a Problem" button next to the item that you want to request a refund for, click it.

Follow the instructions on the page to choose the reason why you want a refund and submit your request.

Jun 11, 2021 12:49 PM in response to RomanShparuk

See Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support:

With purchase sharing, one adult in your Family Sharing group agrees to pay for any purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books. You can then see and download your family members' purchases from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV and PC, and enjoy them too.* Follow the steps below to download family members' purchases to your device, and learn where to find those purchases if you can't see them. 

If you are the family organizer you undertake to pay for anything not already covered by store credit. Make sure you don't get taken advantage of.

tt2

Jun 11, 2021 12:55 PM in response to turingtest2

I understand that.

But I am not a family organizer. In the Apple Music application, a window opened and I had to authorize my ID. I expected this to sign in to my account. But it turned out that it was a subscription purchase window. And I didn't want to do that, because my friend pays for the family subscription, and I'm just a member of his family.

apple music accidentally charged me money for a subscription that I did not make out, because I have a family subscription with friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.