Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV on Roku

Can I Watch Apple TV that I have on my phone now on my Roku television. And do I need the apple tv device to watch on my roku?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 7:23 PM

You can watch the Apple TV the app on Roku without Apple TV box.

What is the difference between Apple TV and tv and Apple TV+?

Short answer: Apple TV is the box/hardware, tv is an app and Apple TV+ is a streaming service from Apple.

-Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (1st-6th generation) and ATV is the Apple TV box/hardware. 

-Apple TV or tv or Apple TV app is a cross platform app that runs on multiple Apple iOS/iPadOS/macOS devices and various third-party TVs (LG, Roku TVs, Samsung, Sony, VIZIO etc.) and streaming devices (Amazon Fire TV, Google TV, Roku etc.) The tv apps for third party devices have similar but not identical capabilities and the tv app on Apple TV 4K/HD has the most complete feature set.

-Apple TV+ or tv+ is a streaming service from Apple with Apple Original shows and movies. 

-Apple TV Channels or tv channels is a feature that allows for subscription to 3rd party channels, like AMC+, Epix, Paramount+, Showtime, and Starz from within the tv app.

Source: New Apple Siri Remote 2021 Owner’s Thread + FAQs + User Guides + News.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 7:23 PM in response to Jenmatacia

You can watch the Apple TV the app on Roku without Apple TV box.

What is the difference between Apple TV and tv and Apple TV+?

Short answer: Apple TV is the box/hardware, tv is an app and Apple TV+ is a streaming service from Apple.

-Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, Apple TV (1st-6th generation) and ATV is the Apple TV box/hardware. 

-Apple TV or tv or Apple TV app is a cross platform app that runs on multiple Apple iOS/iPadOS/macOS devices and various third-party TVs (LG, Roku TVs, Samsung, Sony, VIZIO etc.) and streaming devices (Amazon Fire TV, Google TV, Roku etc.) The tv apps for third party devices have similar but not identical capabilities and the tv app on Apple TV 4K/HD has the most complete feature set.

-Apple TV+ or tv+ is a streaming service from Apple with Apple Original shows and movies. 

-Apple TV Channels or tv channels is a feature that allows for subscription to 3rd party channels, like AMC+, Epix, Paramount+, Showtime, and Starz from within the tv app.

Source: New Apple Siri Remote 2021 Owner’s Thread + FAQs + User Guides + News.

Apple TV on Roku

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.