Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home changes based on my location?

After installing a homekit enabled camera, I want it to change status based on if we are home or away. The camera works just fine, home app works, changing with location does not seem to work.

What are the settings to be checked (e.g. privacy, etc.)?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 3:45 PM

Hi Dana,

The answer to the problem is in a buried setting, under Privacy.

Settings>Privacy>Location Services>scroll all the way down, past all installed apps to System Services.

Under System Services, check that HomeKit is set to ON.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 12, 2021 3:18 PM in response to Mark_Fr

Hi there Mark_Fr,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’ve installed a HomeKit enabled camera system but are having trouble adjusting the settings. We’ll be happy to help.

See if this article helps: Set up security cameras in Home on iPhone. There’s a section for Camera options. If that doesn’t help, or doesn’t address the issue, please let us know more details about the accessory, what you’re trying to accomplish and which iOS device you use with HomeKit. We’ll do our best to help find a resolution.

Best regards.

Jun 15, 2021 5:16 PM in response to danakayw

Yes Dana, The issue is resolved as described in my message above. Many people may not know of the "System Services" settings because of where they are - below all the individual apps. For most users, they are likely already turned ON as required, by default. If however a user is concerned about privacy and location information, they may be turned off.

home changes based on my location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.