Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mark/Scratch right out of the box on Macbook Pro 13 inches

I just got this new Macbook Pro and found this circle mark and the scratches. Is it normal?

I purchased on Apple website, not vendors.

I wonder shall I return it? It was a bit sad. Or because the color is silver so that the factory does checkup and can easily scratch it? Maybe I should have a grey one?

What is the circle mark around the Apple logo?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:18 PM

None of those things that you mentioned in your post are normal. There should not be any scratches or marks on your MacBook Pro when it is purchased brand new from Apple. I recommend that you get it exchanged by stating your case to either Apple Support or by visiting the Apple Store (if there is one near you). if you choose to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 11:18 PM in response to Animationphd

None of those things that you mentioned in your post are normal. There should not be any scratches or marks on your MacBook Pro when it is purchased brand new from Apple. I recommend that you get it exchanged by stating your case to either Apple Support or by visiting the Apple Store (if there is one near you). if you choose to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  ➔ Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers. 

Axel F.

Mark/Scratch right out of the box on Macbook Pro 13 inches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.