Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase Mac OS 1.8 GHz

Hi there, I have kept all my old machines throughout the years but I have come to a point when I am ready to send the G5 iMac (1.8 GHz, 1.5 GB) to a recycling point. Before I do I want to make sure my data is erased, would anyone have any good advice for how to do that on an old computer like the G5? Many thanks!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 10:12 AM

Eistraje wrote:

Hi there, I have kept all my old machines throughout the years but I have come to a point when I am ready to send the G5 iMac (1.8 GHz, 1.5 GB) to a recycling point. Before I do I want to make sure my data is erased, would anyone have any good advice for how to do that on an old computer like the G5? Many thanks!

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

You can always pull the Hard drive out if necessary.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 10:12 AM in response to Eistraje

Eistraje wrote:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac ...

You can always pull the Hard drive out if necessary.

Erase Mac OS 1.8 GHz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.