Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes, Apple Music and Songs/playlists going missing

Hello all,

I have two apple devices on the same ITunes account, an iPhone and an IPad.

I have had had an iTunes account for many many years with multiple devices on it. I have recently realised that a lot of music is missing- especially from early years when I would have burned cds to itunes. They seem to have all gone.

My Iphone has recent purchases from my iPad missing- and playlists that I had set up disappeared but are still on the iPad.

My my most recent downloads work on the phone, but from the iPad they do not. If I click on a recent purchase on the iPad it brings up Apple Music. (I used to have this but cancelled the subscription). These songs were purchases and downloaded not through Apple Music.

1. Is it possible for me to find the music from years gone?
  2. If I sync my IPad now will it will it import and delete what is on the phone or mash them together? Is this what got me into this issue in the first place by using two devices?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 12:41 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 13, 2021 7:01 PM in response to Andyzxcv

Hi there Andyzxcv,

We understand that multiple songs are missing on each of your devices. We’d be glad to assist. 

To confirm, do you see all this music in your purchase history?

See your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and more

If so, are you able to redownload this music using the steps here?

Redownload music

Was this music originally synced from a computer to your iPad or was this music put on your iPad in another way? When you say you want to sync your iPad now, would you be syncing it with another computer?

Cheers!

iTunes, Apple Music and Songs/playlists going missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.