Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I pad mini won’t update past OS 12.

I have an Ipad air and an ipad mini. The ipad mini cant update past OS 12 or so. And before someone says my ipad mini is too old … ipad air is a few years older so that is not a correct response. I was forced to use my ipad air to down load and use my capital one app to avoid late payments because they updated the app to only work on os 13 and higher. Forced planned obsolescence?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:49 AM

If your iPad Mini can't be updated, it means that your model (most likely an iPad Mini 2nd or 3rd generation) cannot support iOS versions beyond the one that's currently running on it (12.5.3), because of hardware (CPU/RAM) incompatibility.

Regards

Giulio

1 reply

I pad mini won’t update past OS 12.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.