Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inability to share playlist created in Apple Music

I created a playlist in apple music from only songs added from apple music. I tried sharing the playlist via my iPhone, but don't even have the option to when click on the three dots. I've shared numerous playlists previously. When I try to share previous playlists the option to share is still available. I tried creating a second playlist today and the option to share was not available again. Why is this all of a sudden happening?

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:28 PM

Ya know, it’s the Eve of 2022 - there is no excuse for this lazy programming. I’m so tired of all these little Apple things not working seamless when the people at Spotify make a great experience. I’ve been with Apple Music for a long time and have been reluctant to change. I have Apple Music for my whole family but all my kids use Spotify. I’m giving them a try - seems like Apple doesn’t want to allocate the appropriate resources to Apple Music in order to be the best. Music is too important to me - I’ve got to go with someone else whose priority is music not just selling phones

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 9:28 PM in response to Natureman1212

Ya know, it’s the Eve of 2022 - there is no excuse for this lazy programming. I’m so tired of all these little Apple things not working seamless when the people at Spotify make a great experience. I’ve been with Apple Music for a long time and have been reluctant to change. I have Apple Music for my whole family but all my kids use Spotify. I’m giving them a try - seems like Apple doesn’t want to allocate the appropriate resources to Apple Music in order to be the best. Music is too important to me - I’ve got to go with someone else whose priority is music not just selling phones

Sep 9, 2021 11:28 PM in response to Natureman1212

I found the answer!!! This fixed the missing share button for me. It has something to do with the version iOS you created the playlist on and the current iOS. To fix:

-Create a new play list and name it whatever you want (it could be the same name of the list you are about to import).

-Go to the playlist you want to share, tap the three dots, select Add to Playlist.

-Select the NEW play list you just made.

All of the songs from your old playlist will be imported to the new playlist and the share button will be there.

I delete the old playlist to stay neat.

I hope this helps.

Jun 15, 2021 6:56 AM in response to Leanne_68

Thanks for the suggestions. Everything is up to date and I tried restarting. When I go into the playlist I don't even see the option "Show on my profile and in search." I don't see that option in any of my other playlists that I have been able to share. The option to share is still available for individual songs and prior playlists, but not for the playlist at issue or any playlists I have created since. When I hit "edit" for the playlist I get Play Next, Play Last, but no "share playlist." Any other ideas?

Jun 14, 2021 7:46 AM in response to Natureman1212

Hello Natureman1212,

If you open the playlist in the Music app and edit it, is "Show on My Profile and in Search" enabled?

If so, have you tried to restart your iPhone? Restart your iPhone

If you have any updates available, go ahead and create a backup and update your device. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How to share music to Facebook, Instagram, or Snapchat on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device

Cheers!

Sep 3, 2021 11:48 AM in response to OGJ1121

Question for everyone experiencing this: what model iPhone are you using? I still have an iPhone 8 and cannot share playlists since the iOS update, despite having done everything suggested on this forum.

My friend who has an iPhone 12 also did the update, but doesn't have any problems sharing new playlists.

Could this a planned obsolescence issue? Do any of you have newer iPhones and have the same problem?

Nov 3, 2021 2:23 PM in response to Natureman1212

I just realized that when a new playlist won't share, (even if I add/rename it to a new playlist) it's because I may have 1 or 2 songs in the playlist that are previous downloads/purchases .

To share playlists over the cloud ALL songs must be iCloud streaming. When I removed the 2 songs, Then the playlist magically appeared on all other devices and the share option is there and works as it should.

Jan 13, 2022 4:49 PM in response to M1S1L

This is why Spotify is the leading Music subscription platform. Spotify did to Apple what iTunes did to record stores. Music hasn't been Apple's priority for years. People noticed. Its the free market in action. The neglect hasn't hurt Apple's revenues, but revenues could be better if they once again concentrated on music listeners and see it as an essential experience for those who use their devices.

Music doesn't go out of fashion. Software companies do.

Inability to share playlist created in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.