Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPOD CLASSIC WITH RED X CIRCLE

When i turn on my ipod classic, it showed up with a red circle with an X mark.....please help me to solve me this problem as fast as possible....

iPod Classic

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 5:13 AM

The hard drive has probably failed. See If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support (archived copy). See iPod Service Pricing - Apple Support. You might want to shop around and/or consider an SD conversion kit to replace the failed drive.

tt2

5 replies

Jun 15, 2021 7:33 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you sir...... also

After sometime it started working , but when i plugged it in my pc to charge it, the itunes starts to hang and makes the windows unable to respond......also the ejecting doesnt take place......

after some struggle when i pull the plug after ejecting...it again shows red mark..and then becomes normal in some time....i also hear some tic tic sound from my i pod and it starts to lags....

IPOD CLASSIC WITH RED X CIRCLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.