Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone will not pair with my Apple Watch

New iPhone 12 Pro Max will not pair with Apple Watch

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 1:47 AM

This could be a compatibility issue, if your iPhone is already running the current iOS 14. Apparently that version is not able to complete the update for a backlevel watchOS 6 any more. If that seems to fit your situation, there two options come to mind:

• Find an old iPhone with iOS13 or older on it and complete the pairing and update to watchOS 7.5 with that. Once that is done, you can re-pair the S3 with your own iPhone again.
  • Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store and ask if they can run this update for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 1:47 AM in response to shellgavon

This could be a compatibility issue, if your iPhone is already running the current iOS 14. Apparently that version is not able to complete the update for a backlevel watchOS 6 any more. If that seems to fit your situation, there two options come to mind:

• Find an old iPhone with iOS13 or older on it and complete the pairing and update to watchOS 7.5 with that. Once that is done, you can re-pair the S3 with your own iPhone again.
  • Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store and ask if they can run this update for you.

My new iPhone will not pair with my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.