You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad says storage space full have not used all my GB my backup is using all my space. How do I fix this?

My iPad says storage full. I have not used all my GB’S. It seems to be my backup that is taking up most of my storage. Is there a fix for this?

Thank you Patty

iPad Air 2, 14

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:39 PM

Your backup is stored in iCloud - not on your iPad. The local storage on your iPad and your iCloud Storage are entirely independent.

You have a free 5GB iCloud Storage quota. You can subscribe to additional iCloud Storage tiers - 50GB, 200GB and 2TB for a small monthly fee. If your iCloud storage is full, you have two choices:

1) Reduce the storage that you use by deleting data - or eliminating the iCloud backup (recognising that eliminating the backup is perhaps unwise)

2) Subscribe to a higher iCloud storage tier.

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

iCloud storage plans and pricing – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2021 4:39 PM in response to PattyD2186

Your backup is stored in iCloud - not on your iPad. The local storage on your iPad and your iCloud Storage are entirely independent.

You have a free 5GB iCloud Storage quota. You can subscribe to additional iCloud Storage tiers - 50GB, 200GB and 2TB for a small monthly fee. If your iCloud storage is full, you have two choices:

1) Reduce the storage that you use by deleting data - or eliminating the iCloud backup (recognising that eliminating the backup is perhaps unwise)

2) Subscribe to a higher iCloud storage tier.

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

iCloud storage plans and pricing – Apple Support

iPad says storage space full have not used all my GB my backup is using all my space. How do I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.