Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I tried to update my watch, the watch app had me unpaid my watch. Not I cannot get it to update because it says I am not connected to WiFi even though I am connect and I have check my router.

When I tried to update my watch, the watch app had me unpaid my watch. Not I cannot get it to update because it says I am not connected to WiFi even though I am connect and I have check my router.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 9:18 PM

1 reply

Jun 14, 2021 12:00 AM in response to Watchupdate1

Yes that is a known compatibility issue with the back level version of watchOS 6 and current iOS 14. Apparently the update does not go thru with that combination. Two options:

• Find an old iPhone with iOS13 or older on it and complete the pairing and update with that. Once watchOS 7.5 has been installed, you can re-pair with your own iPhone.
  • Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple store and ask if they can run this update for you.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.