Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Programs removed from Finder side bar

After my latest Big Sur update to 11.4, I noticed that several links in the side bar of finder have disappeared. Yesterday I tried to access my Documents folder from the Finder, which used to be listed in the side bar, and when I located and opened the folder there was nothing in there. I used 'Get Info' on the folder and it told me "You have unknown access" and so I was unable to reset permissions through it. Fortunately I have the Documents folder also in my Dock Bar and when I clicked that, all my files showed. So how do I reset the permissions through Terminal or can I not being an OS folder. Furthermore it will not allow me to put Dropbox back in the side bar

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 3:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 4:36 AM

No, on the general section at the top area of the side bar

No, when it went missing, not after you changed anything. If you turned on Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive, both are moved into a section under iCloud Drive.

Open Finder Preferences, Sidebar tab and check the box to put your Documents folder in the Sidebar.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 4:36 AM in response to VazonJB

No, on the general section at the top area of the side bar

No, when it went missing, not after you changed anything. If you turned on Desktop & Documents in iCloud Drive, both are moved into a section under iCloud Drive.

Open Finder Preferences, Sidebar tab and check the box to put your Documents folder in the Sidebar.

Programs removed from Finder side bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.