Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paypal Account not opening

2 days ago I was able to open the PayPal app on my iPhone 12 now I can’t

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 2:57 PM

I'm having the same issue. can't get PayPal to open at all - not available when trying to purchase from another website, can't get the app to open on my phone or iPad. can only get the website to open on my MacBook if I use the Firefox browser - but then I don't see the "manage open sessions" that you are referring to on the security tab. I have restarted devices, reinstalled the app, changed the password. Nothing works.

any other ideas from anyone?

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 2:57 PM in response to XxETHAN80xX

I'm having the same issue. can't get PayPal to open at all - not available when trying to purchase from another website, can't get the app to open on my phone or iPad. can only get the website to open on my MacBook if I use the Firefox browser - but then I don't see the "manage open sessions" that you are referring to on the security tab. I have restarted devices, reinstalled the app, changed the password. Nothing works.

any other ideas from anyone?

Aug 5, 2021 5:58 AM in response to a.triple.eff

I had this same issue but I could get into my account through google chrome web browser on my PC. Once logged in on I turned off two factor authentication in the settings menu of Paypal. I also cleared cookies on my safari web browser on my Iphone. All software and app versions were up to date.

Once I turned off the two factor authentication I got logged right in on safari and then through the iOS app as well. Hopefully this helps someone.

Sep 1, 2021 11:59 AM in response to maudefall21

I had a similar problem, after entering my login credentials I was greeted with an unchanging blank screen. I have managed to regain access on my iPhone by logging in via the web and disabling 2FA as I suspected that might be the issue. I can now login normally on my iPhone, but without 2FA. I will try resetting 2FA again in a few days and see what happens.

Nov 12, 2021 12:37 PM in response to maudefall21

I was experiencing a similar thing with the PayPal app (8.6.1) on iOS (14.8.1). Just the blank screen waiting for the 2FA to load. My last attempt i waited for 3 minutes and it finally loaded. I didn't time it prior to that (and while I think it was the current version of the PayPal app, I had deleted it to reinstall prior to checking the version I was on, I suspect it was the current one as it was updated 2 days ago).

I'm not interested in turning off 2FA, so it looks like I'll just need to wait until this clears up.

I noticed too, when I tried to log in with Chrome (Version 95.0.4638.69) on Catalina (10.15.7) that it took a while to load as well. I looked for the security and current sessions to see if that was an issue, but was unable to find that option in the security tab.

Paypal Account not opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.