Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone

I lost my phone and had to get a new one. I tried to sign in my Apple ID but I forgot my password. I clicked forgot password and made a new one and signed in. Now none of my contacts or pictures are on my new phone. Is there anything I can do to get them?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 5:07 PM

If you were syncing Contacts and Photos to iCloud, have you gone to Settings/Your Name, signed in using the same Apple ID, and in iCloud, turned Contacts and Photos syncing on? The iCloud sync is very slow. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Do you have a backup of the lost phone you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 5:07 PM in response to bailee118

If you were syncing Contacts and Photos to iCloud, have you gone to Settings/Your Name, signed in using the same Apple ID, and in iCloud, turned Contacts and Photos syncing on? The iCloud sync is very slow. The photos sync is extremely slow. It could take several days or more for the photos to sync.

Do you have a backup of the lost phone you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup to see the contents and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

New phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.