Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring data from old iphone8 to new iphone12 mini

I used the Transfer process that comes up by default when I started my new iphone12 mini. It's been stuck on transferring data for more than 48 hours! Is this normal? Have tried to keep both phone charged/powered off & on/ Finder/ third party solutions - nothing. Any one having/had same problem & better success, please let me know!

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 6:41 AM

If you use quick start it should complete in 5 minutes or less, then go on to restoring your backup. And that should take anything from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on how many apps and how much music you have on the phone. So 48 hours is definitely abnormal, unless you didn’t have an Wi-Fi connection and didn’t leave the phone plugged in. I would suggest resetting the new phone to factory settings and starting over, using these instructions→Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 6:41 AM in response to jatinder69

If you use quick start it should complete in 5 minutes or less, then go on to restoring your backup. And that should take anything from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on how many apps and how much music you have on the phone. So 48 hours is definitely abnormal, unless you didn’t have an Wi-Fi connection and didn’t leave the phone plugged in. I would suggest resetting the new phone to factory settings and starting over, using these instructions→Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 15, 2021 7:22 AM in response to jatinder69

Do you see it making progress with apps? I have 290 apps, and just downloading the apps over my 100 mbps connection takes about an hour. If you see it making progress just restart the phone and the apps should continue downloading. To reset the phone go to Settings/General/Reset - Erase all content and settings. When that completes you start setting up the phone again, and it will prompt to restore a backup.

transferring data from old iphone8 to new iphone12 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.