Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Taiko instrument GarageBand

I wrote a piece for Japanese taiko in MuseScore 3. I exported the parts as MIDI to import those in GarageBand so that I get a decent sounding audio-rendering of the piece. Done this many times before but this is the first time using Taiko as an instrument. So GB imports the MIDI fine, it sound just like the drum kit it picks for playback. Now I change that instrument to Taiko… nope, doesn’t work. I change the instrument into, let’s say piano, yup it plays (sounding a bit minimalist, of course …). Now, if I change the track back to Taiko, I can hear keyboard typing but the note on the track won’t play. Deleting notes and entering new ones by hand; no sound. Recording notes via keyboard; sound…

Anyway, I don’t feel like recreating the whole piece in GB, just want to import the MIDI, tweak here and there and be done. Help, please!

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 8:00 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Taiko instrument GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.