Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote crashes on startup

Hey all,

Keynote won't open any more without crashing within a second. I am running Big Sur 11.2.3 on a MacBook Air M1 from 2020.

I also reinstalled it and removed all the settings, preferences and cache files I could find but it keeps crashing on startup!

Any hints how to get it working again? My next presentation is in two hours and I start to panic!

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 2:43 AM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2021 12:29 AM in response to SGIII

That's really funny. Of course the first thing I did before reinstalling is to check for updates, both for Keynote and for macOS but none were displayed. Now I can see the red badge showing that there is system upgrade...

Thanks, it works again. Yesterday I did my presentation using the icloud.com version of Keynote, it went well ;)

Keynote crashes on startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.