Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos library

my photos library on my MAC desktop has been "restoring from iCloud" for several days. I recently uploaded lots of photos from my iPhone to the desktop, but now I can't access them from my phone because of this problem. any suggestions? I've restarted, toggled iCloud photos off and on...not sure what else to do.

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:17 PM

What happened to cause photos to need to restore from iCloud?

In any case, if you have toggled iCloud on/off, then that will just restart the sync from the beginning, or will force a complete new sync if one is not already started.

How big is your library? You may just need to be patient. My 5000 image 50GB library took 48 hours full time to sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2021 1:17 PM in response to stacyfromliberty

What happened to cause photos to need to restore from iCloud?

In any case, if you have toggled iCloud on/off, then that will just restart the sync from the beginning, or will force a complete new sync if one is not already started.

How big is your library? You may just need to be patient. My 5000 image 50GB library took 48 hours full time to sync.

iCloud photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.