Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please explain to me why I can only add and remove people in a group text if someone in the group is using a non-Apple device. Pretty much making my group texts useless.

Please explain to me why I can neither add nor delete members of a group text if any of them is using a non-Apple device. Seems counterintuitive.

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:29 PM

Because Apple has no control over group messages that have non-iOS devices in them. Those are MMS and are controlled by the carrier. You can only change group members if it is a group iMessage. That is a restriction for MMS/SMS messages.

1 reply

Please explain to me why I can only add and remove people in a group text if someone in the group is using a non-Apple device. Pretty much making my group texts useless.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.