Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ONE YEAR FREE APPLE TV SUBSCRIPTION.

Hi I don't understand shy i'm been charged $ 4.35 for watching Freedom Writers movie last night. I subscribed to:

You accepted the following offer:AppApple tvSubscriptionApple TV +Acceptance date06/14/2021Trial periodFree for 1 year, starting 06/14/2021Subscription price$ 4.99 per month, effective 06/14/2022Way to payVisa .... 9262

Please help me with this issue!!!

THANKS

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 9:55 PM

You are confused about the free offer, it is for Apple TV + and not the Apple TV App. Please review what each is in www.apple.com/TV you will find that Apple has many offerings:

• Apple TV App (this is just a place where users can watch all types of paid for content, including Paramount +, Showtime, HBO etc... Each of these are paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what you go a free offer for!!!!!!
  • Apple TV + : This is Apple's own content, this is normally $4.99 per month and is a small but rapidly growing library of content. This is you free offer assuming you redeemed it properly within 90 days of a qualifying product and do not already subscribe to Apple TV +. It is viewed in the Apple TV app.
  • Apple TV HD, this is hardware. It is Apple TV streaming box for streaming HD content.
  • Apple TV 4K, this is also hardware. It is a Apple Tv streaming box for streaming 4K content.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2021 9:55 PM in response to 62alicia

You are confused about the free offer, it is for Apple TV + and not the Apple TV App. Please review what each is in www.apple.com/TV you will find that Apple has many offerings:

• Apple TV App (this is just a place where users can watch all types of paid for content, including Paramount +, Showtime, HBO etc... Each of these are paid for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not what you go a free offer for!!!!!!
  • Apple TV + : This is Apple's own content, this is normally $4.99 per month and is a small but rapidly growing library of content. This is you free offer assuming you redeemed it properly within 90 days of a qualifying product and do not already subscribe to Apple TV +. It is viewed in the Apple TV app.
  • Apple TV HD, this is hardware. It is Apple TV streaming box for streaming HD content.
  • Apple TV 4K, this is also hardware. It is a Apple Tv streaming box for streaming 4K content.

Jun 16, 2021 2:36 PM in response to 62alicia

Not every single show on the Apple TV app is free, even with a subscription, if the show is chargeable it will come up with the option to Buy/Rent and then a price, you will then have to confirm the payment.

I have taken a look for you and "Freedom Writers" is coming up as a chargeable show.

You could potentially try and claim a refund by contacting Apple's Form > Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple – Apple Support however this isn't guaranteed and it is up to whether Apple allow the refund or not.

ONE YEAR FREE APPLE TV SUBSCRIPTION.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.