Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I buy more iPhone storage

How can I buy more iPhone storage and my phone acting up I bought more ICloud storage but still no space

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 7:00 PM

iCloud virtual storage and iPhone physical storage are two completely different things and one cannot be substituted for the other. The iPhone physical storage is set when you bought the iPhone and cannot be increased. Perhaps these articles will help:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2021 7:00 PM in response to Diorr_tasha

iCloud virtual storage and iPhone physical storage are two completely different things and one cannot be substituted for the other. The iPhone physical storage is set when you bought the iPhone and cannot be increased. Perhaps these articles will help:

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

Jun 16, 2021 6:56 PM in response to Diorr_tasha

iPhone storage can never be expanded beyond what the phone came with when you purchased it. Buying more iCloud storage does not increase the physical space on your iPhone. iCloud permits you to sync more data with iCloud if you run out of space on the cloud by needing more space than the free 5GB of iCloud space.

If you are out of space on your phone, you will have to delete things you don't need or use, such as Apps, Photos, Music, Videos, Files, Messages, Email, etc. Or perhaps it's time to buy a newer iPhone with more physical memory.

Jun 16, 2021 6:56 PM in response to Diorr_tasha

You cannot buy more storage space on your phone. It will always have the same amount it came with. You can buy space in Apple's synching service iCloud. The only way to create space on the phone is to delete photos, messages, apps., etc.. Be sure to save important photos and data to your computer or an external drive. Check these links...

How can I buy more iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.