Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring a single app from iCloud

I accidentally deleted an app from my iPhone (iOS 14) and am trying to restore the latest iCloud backup to a spare device. After the initial setup was done and the home screen appeared, I canceled all the apps I don't need and just let the one I need download. I noticed the app downloaded halfway and restarted many times from ZERO data restored. I know the app is rather big, 70Gb, but why is iCloud doing that? Any idea how I can speed this up? Actually, I don't mind having a slow speed as long as it gets restored. I just hated the restart part. Any response is appreciated. P.S my iCloud is in China's data center and I am currently in another country. Not sure if latency is the cause.

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 5:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 6:53 AM

JoshuaMeng wrote:

I accidentally deleted an app from my iPhone (iOS 14) and am trying to restore the latest iCloud backup to a spare device. After the initial setup was done and the home screen appeared, I canceled all the apps I don't need and just let the one I need download. I noticed the app downloaded halfway and restarted many times from ZERO data restored. I know the app is rather big, 70Gb, but why is iCloud doing that? Any idea how I can speed this up? Actually, I don't mind having a slow speed as long as it gets restored. I just hated the restart part. Any response is appreciated. P.S my iCloud is in China's data center and I am currently in another country. Not sure if latency is the cause.

Apps themselves are not stored in iCloud. If the developer chose to, the app's data may be stored in iCloud.

Get the app from the app store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 6:53 AM in response to JoshuaMeng

JoshuaMeng wrote:

Apps themselves are not stored in iCloud. If the developer chose to, the app's data may be stored in iCloud.

Get the app from the app store.

Restoring a single app from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.