Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cellular Error / Network Issues 6/17/21

Multiple users same issue with 14.6 from what I’m reading. I’d say this isn’t a user or Service provider issue. Please get an update out ASAP to remedy this. I “reset network settings” on my phone 5x today to fix this and it works. But temporarily. I need to have cellular! How can my kids reach me with an unreliable phone? This is a big safety issue. If I’m stranded on a highway, now I’m not sure if I’ll have service. Even if I connect to wifi in places I go, that doesn’t resolve the telephone aspect of my iPhone.

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2021 8:51 AM

chrisnj789,

Thanks for updating us on the situation.

If you're seeing "Searching" and "No Service" at this time, and you're using an iPhone 7, you can use the information on the following page to see if your device qualifies for this program: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

If you need additional assistance, please contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2021 8:51 AM in response to chrisnj789

chrisnj789,

Thanks for updating us on the situation.

If you're seeing "Searching" and "No Service" at this time, and you're using an iPhone 7, you can use the information on the following page to see if your device qualifies for this program: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues

If you need additional assistance, please contact Apple Support here: Get Support

Take care!

Jun 18, 2021 1:41 PM in response to chrisnj789

Hello chrisnj789,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with your iPhone. We get how important being able to rely on your device is, and we want to help any way we can.

Can you let us know more about the issue you're experiencing? For example, are you seeing a "Searching" or "No Service" error? If you're seeing a "No Service" or "Searching" error, the information and steps here may help: If you see No Service or Searching on your iPhone or iPad

If you're seeing a message saying "Cellular Update Failed," did you have a chance to go through the steps outlined in the "What to do next" part of the link you came from? If so, did that improve the issue at all?

Thanks!

Jul 12, 2021 10:56 AM in response to chrisnj789

chrisnj789,

Thank you for letting us know.

For more information on the next steps, please check out the "Service Process" section of the first article we provided in our previous reply.

Prior to setting up service for your device, please be sure to check out this link on how to get your iPhone ready: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Thank you.

Jul 12, 2021 8:34 AM in response to Brittany1416

Ok. So a few things.

I did get the message “cellular update failed” but there was no indication of the same under settings, etc. and no indication as to how to update. Coincidentally, I reset my network settings 8 or 9 times back in June, and turned off cellular data, which seemed to “work” but was not an acceptable solution. At one point in the next day or two following, I turned cellular data back on, and my phone has worked fine until yesterday. I have followed all steps for the verification process of the software install in iTunes. It says my software is up to date. 

I get both the “searching” and “no service” messages for network, and even when I reset network settings, it doesn’t reset now. Not helpful. So, I’ve been without cellular service (Verizon) for about 12 hours now with no improvement and no work around (the work around being the resetting network settings which worked in June).

So. My phone is backed up to iCloud and now I’m backing it up to my laptop, just to be careful. And I may try completely resetting my phone. Unless you have another suggestion?

Cellular Error / Network Issues 6/17/21

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.