Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permanant dead iphone

Best Buy tech says iphone 7 dead and will not come back. What would have to happen to the phone to cause this to happen? The phone was fully charged. Then kept going off and would turn back on for a few seconds until it stopped completely. The tech said the phone could not be charged at all.

I wonder what happened.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 3:51 PM

jkfromrockford Said:

"Permanant dead iphone: Best Buy tech says iphone 7 dead and will not come back. What would have to happen to the phone to cause this to happen? The phone was fully charged. Then kept going off and would turn back on for a few seconds until it stopped completely. The tech said the phone could not be charged at all. I wonder what happened."

-------

Best Buy, Maybe?

Troubleshooting Charging Issues:

See if anything here helps...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

III. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 3:51 PM in response to jkfromrockford

jkfromrockford Said:

"Permanant dead iphone: Best Buy tech says iphone 7 dead and will not come back. What would have to happen to the phone to cause this to happen? The phone was fully charged. Then kept going off and would turn back on for a few seconds until it stopped completely. The tech said the phone could not be charged at all. I wonder what happened."

-------

Best Buy, Maybe?

Troubleshooting Charging Issues:

See if anything here helps...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

III. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

Jun 19, 2021 7:07 PM in response to jkfromrockford

jkfromrockford Said:

"Permanant dead iphone: Thanks. I can never go without a phone. I bought the 12 Pro Max. Still I wonder if it cd be fixed. Apple has not looked at it. Only took it to Best Buy. I have a few pics that did not sync to my computers. And I lost my message history. That has been inconvenient. Actually more than inconvenient. Thanks for the tip. "

-------

You are welcome.

Get Service Through Apple, First:

Just how old is this 2020 iPhone? Note that you have a one-year, out-of-the-box limited warranty with this. So, see if Apple will assist you with this. Thing is, once it has been troubleshot by another company, Apple may not longer cover it. So, contact Apple, seeing if they will assist you.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jun 19, 2021 6:54 AM in response to jkfromrockford

jkfromrockford Said:

"Permanant dead iphone: The Phone is COMPLETELY dead. I have tried to do all the things on the list. It will not come on. Period.”

———-

Take this as a Good Reason to Upgrade:

If this were me, being an older iPhone, I’d say just update. Doing so, you have advantage of more recent technology.

You don’t have to get your iPhone directly Apple, though I strongly recommend you do. This is because many scams are reported on these forums, and that is in regards to private sales, in which case the seller never logs out of iCloud on it. And if they never log out, then you are stuck and the phone is useless to you.

So, know to always tell the seller to log themselves out of iCloud on the device, prior to selling it to you, and then let you log into it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

Have the Seller Go Here:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Permanant dead iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.