Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone on MacBook Air M1 not working

Hello,

I have noticed that my microphone is not working, I have tried to use Siri and message comes up saying "Siri Audio Problem". I also tried FaceTime and person on other end could not hear anything.

When I restarted the pc, it seemed to work but later stops.

I do not have any 3rd party applications installed.

Regards

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 10:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 4:02 AM

Check in System Preferences >> Sound >> Input and make sure the Internal Microphone is selected. If it does not appear as a choice - depending on how recent the purchase was and if directly from Apple - there is a 14 Day Return Policy. Log into your Apple Store Account and find the purchase of this device and its' date and request a Return. Apple will send the required packaging with instruction for a Return for Full Purchase Price.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 4:02 AM in response to EmileSyzdakov

Check in System Preferences >> Sound >> Input and make sure the Internal Microphone is selected. If it does not appear as a choice - depending on how recent the purchase was and if directly from Apple - there is a 14 Day Return Policy. Log into your Apple Store Account and find the purchase of this device and its' date and request a Return. Apple will send the required packaging with instruction for a Return for Full Purchase Price.

Microphone on MacBook Air M1 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.