Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery won't charge past 38% for an iPhone 12 Pro I bought just last April 2, 2021

Anybody else going thru this?

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 11:32 PM

Hi, have you tried different adapters and cables, if you are able have you tried Wireless charging ?. One thing to try is a restart

In quick succession

Press and release Volume Up

Press and release Volume Down

Press and hold the Side Button until you see the Apple Logo

It could well be a battery fault but before you make an appointment Apple will ask you these questions .

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 11:32 PM in response to weezil88

Hi, have you tried different adapters and cables, if you are able have you tried Wireless charging ?. One thing to try is a restart

In quick succession

Press and release Volume Up

Press and release Volume Down

Press and hold the Side Button until you see the Apple Logo

It could well be a battery fault but before you make an appointment Apple will ask you these questions .

Jun 25, 2021 6:58 PM in response to scottie-from-idle

Sorry it took me so long to respond to your feedback. I live in the desert area in California where the temp was 106 degrees when I wrote about my problem. My iPhone was even hot to the touch. When the temp went down to a normal degrees, I was able to charge my phone to full 100% battery. It seems that the heat was affecting my phone. I never got a chance to try the tips you gave me but I will certainly keep those tips handy because I have read that other iPhone owners had problems with their phones not charging to full battery and they didn't mention high temperatures.

Again thank you very much for responding to my problem. Stay safe Scottie!

Battery won't charge past 38% for an iPhone 12 Pro I bought just last April 2, 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.