Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Sierra Frozed on the installation on MacBook Pro 2015 13 inch

I had erased and reset my MacBook and downloaded macOS Sierra from App Store and I open the Sierra installer and I do the steps.And finally it was frozed in the installation.I have wait for 2 days.but still nothing.My MacBook had El captain.Please Give an answer.I had lot of online class these days.

I appreciate apple had made website to report the problems in apple devices.Thank you…

I am waiting for response.please be hurry

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Were you having problems with this laptop before attempting to upgrade macOS? If so, then those problems are probably affecting the ability to upgrade macOS.

Try rebooting the Mac to see if it will boot normally or if it attempts to resume the installation process (see if it will progress any further with the install this time). Otherwise try booting into Safe Mode which will disable third party drivers and Login Items which may be interfering with the process and try running the Sierra installer again.

If this does not work, then you may need to boot into Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R) to perform a clean install of macOS by first erasing the whole physical SSD before installing macOS again. This option will destroy all data on the SSD so I hope you have a good backup of your data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 10:36 AM in response to binuk

Were you having problems with this laptop before attempting to upgrade macOS? If so, then those problems are probably affecting the ability to upgrade macOS.

Try rebooting the Mac to see if it will boot normally or if it attempts to resume the installation process (see if it will progress any further with the install this time). Otherwise try booting into Safe Mode which will disable third party drivers and Login Items which may be interfering with the process and try running the Sierra installer again.

If this does not work, then you may need to boot into Internet Recovery Mode (Command + Option + R) to perform a clean install of macOS by first erasing the whole physical SSD before installing macOS again. This option will destroy all data on the SSD so I hope you have a good backup of your data.

macOS Sierra Frozed on the installation on MacBook Pro 2015 13 inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.