Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is received by multiple recipients

When I send an iMessage from my iPad it is received by my friend but also received by her husband. If I send the same message from my iPhone it works properly, in other words my friend receives the message but not her husband. How can I fix this situation so that when sending a message from my iPad it only goes to the intended recipient?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2021 1:25 PM

First of all, it sounds like your friend and her husband are sharing an Apple ID. If she's a close, trusted friend, advise her strongly to stop doing that immediately. Each person requires her/his own, unique Apple ID. If she were the one obtaining a new ID, she should then thoroughly cleanse her iPhone before "moving in" with her new ID as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regardless, you can send the message to your friend by making sure it's addressed to her iPhone telephone number and not an Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2021 1:25 PM in response to Cruisin4mimi

First of all, it sounds like your friend and her husband are sharing an Apple ID. If she's a close, trusted friend, advise her strongly to stop doing that immediately. Each person requires her/his own, unique Apple ID. If she were the one obtaining a new ID, she should then thoroughly cleanse her iPhone before "moving in" with her new ID as follows:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regardless, you can send the message to your friend by making sure it's addressed to her iPhone telephone number and not an Apple ID.

iMessage is received by multiple recipients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.