Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 7th gen not charging or showing battery percentage

Hello guys, I have a ipad 7th gen and it was working perfectly fine untill suddenly one day when I woke up and unplugged the charger I saw that the ipad was not charging and also strangely the battery percentage was not showing, even in settings, the battery indicator bar was showing and it was showing that I have very low battery which was strange. Of course I tried cleaning the port and tried multiple cables and USB adapters but the issue wasn't solved, my ipad was not detecting the charger even in iTunes on my computer, I even tried opening the ipad and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it by removing the screw and putting a plastic tool between but still it wouldn't detect the charger.

This is very strange as I believe if it were just the charging port that was faulty, this wouldn't affect the battery percentage indicator, and if it was the battery that was faulty the ipad should still be detectable when plugged into a computer. This is extremely strange and I would very much appreciate help for this issue.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 3:04 AM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2021 7:18 PM in response to Eeeee007

Try a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

If no joy, Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad diagnosed and options presented.

Be aware since you broke inside of your iPad and tampered with it, Apple stores and Apple may not want to have any responsibility for this device, any longer.

Any Apple iOS device has NO user serviceable parts inside.

Best of Luck to You!

Jun 21, 2021 1:07 AM in response to MichelPM

Thanks for your reply but I did not break the inside of my ipad, the ipad broke and I tried to open it to repair it but this does not mean I 'broke it' It is my ipad which I purchased so I have a right to repair it, also apple ios devices have many user servicable parts, for instance the screens/batteries/etc which I have replaced dozens of in the past.

Jun 21, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Eeeee007

Apple clearly states, on its Website and in the supplied paperwork that comes with every Apple iOS device, that its portable devices have NO user serviceable parts.

There are absolutely NO user serviceable parts in any of Apple's devices or computers, other what Apple specifies for their products, such as replaceable RAM in Macs.

None.

For starters, Apple supplies NO OEM parts to any individuals or unauthorized third party electronics repair centers.

Third party, unauthorized electronics repairs centers, that are competent in working with Apple devices, rely solely on cannibalising known good parts from other damaged Apple devices to fix other Apple devices.

You can't even replace your own battery in an iPhone or iPad.

Apple has put things in place inside of newer iPhones and iOS, IF a non-Apple approved battery is used, such as disabling certain battery diagnostic features found in the battery settings.

AND you cannot get an Apple OEM cerified battery if you are not an Apple authorised repair center.

Same with installing non-Apple, third party screens.

Apple disabled certain screen features/functions when a non-cettified Apple replacement device screen is used.

I have no clue where you live, but unless the area you live in has passed “right to repair” legislation, regardless of how the iPad got broke/damaged, if you tried to do your own fix of this iPad, then any warranties that iPad may have had maybe, in fact, voided and Apple reserves the right not to service this device.

You may think you have every right to try and repair this device yourself, but Apple and Apple stores may decide differently/otherwise.

Apple is just one of the main electronics companies vehenmtly opposed to the “right to repair” movement happening around the world.

If you go to an Apple location to have this iPad serviced and they determine that you opened this device and atempted a fix on your own, they have the right to refuse to service it.

Good Luck!

Ipad 7th gen not charging or showing battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.