Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 2nd Gen, 7.7 software update, how can I get Music back?

With the newest update on Apple TV my Music App got deleted. I pay for Apple Match and use this Apple TV for lots of music listening and now Apple Deletes it. Is there anyway to get it back?

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 11:12 PM

Apple TV 2nd Gen, 7.7 software update

If your Apple TV has Apple TV Software 7.7, then it must be a 3rd generation model.

With the newest update on Apple TV my Music App got deleted. I pay for Apple Match and use this Apple TV for lots of music listening and now Apple Deletes it. Is there anyway to get it back?

The release notes only mention “general performance and stability improvements”.

iTunes Match is still available, and should still be supported on the 3rd generation model, afaict.

Verify that Music hasn’t been set to hidden accidentally.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 11:12 PM in response to Matt-Lambrecht

Apple TV 2nd Gen, 7.7 software update

If your Apple TV has Apple TV Software 7.7, then it must be a 3rd generation model.

The release notes only mention “general performance and stability improvements”.

iTunes Match is still available, and should still be supported on the 3rd generation model, afaict.

Verify that Music hasn’t been set to hidden accidentally.

Apple TV 2nd Gen, 7.7 software update, how can I get Music back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.