Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data

I try to get on the internet when I’m out of range of my WiFi and the phone tells me that my data is turned off and go to settings when I do everything is turned on but it still can’t access the internet

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 1:40 PM

Check carefully under Settings > Cellular.

• Cellular Data must be “on”.
  • Other settings at Settings > Cellular may be involved if you are roaming.
  • You must have a cellular data provision in your cellular plan.
4 replies

Jun 20, 2021 6:50 PM in response to Higglet58

Higglet58 Said:

"Data: My iPhone tells me my data is turned off when I check everything is turned on but it. Won’t let me use the internet"

-------

Update Via your Computer:

If see you have iOS13. So, see if an update fixes this. Try using your computer, if using an iPhone is of no option. Go Here: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Screenshot:

Jun 20, 2021 2:06 PM in response to Higglet58

Higglet58 Said:

"Data: I try to get on the internet when I’m out of range of my WiFi and the phone tells me that my data is turned off and go to settings when I do everything is turned on but it still can’t access the internet"

-------

Two Thoughts:

A. Try Using a Range Extender:

If you were to amplify your Wi-Fi signal, it could be accessed a bit further. So, you would plug in a range extender to amplify it. Plug it into a wall. Make sure that its speed is at least that of your router you are using now.

B/ Upgrading your Router:

Also,, consider upgrading your router to one of high-speed, and strong signals (Netgear Nighthawk is a great example). It is a bit up there in price, but it might suit your needs for signal strength.

Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.